If you’re looking to dive into the delicious world of home espresso, you’re in for a real treat! We’ve put together an easy-to-follow intro guide to help you get started using the Breville Espresso machine.
For best results, use freshly ground coffee from a good quality grinder. Store the coffee in a cool place, and use filtered water wherever you can. Also, keep everything really clean – it makes your espresso taste way better – trust us. Clean your steam wand, flush your machine wherever you can, wash the handles with soapy water with the basket taken out – and your coffees will taste delicious all the time.
Let’s dive in!
Here’s what you’ll need to get started:
- an espresso machine
- a coffee grinder (or pre- ground coffee)
- tamping tool
- Manual Pour mode
Let’s get brewing!
- Place your group handle onto the scales and tare off
- Grind or weigh out 18g with a grind size slightly finer than table salt
- Before we tamp we want to distribute out coffee evenly into the basket, this can be done by hand or with a tool if you have one. This will help extract the tool evenly.
- Firmly tamp the grinds flat into the coffee puck
- Then place the group handle into the machine
- Run out the shot with the manual pour mode for a 30 second pour time