Sign up to our newsletter for Free Shipping.
Brewing an Aeropress
The Aeropress is as delicious as it is portable. This is a coffee maker that lives in backpacks, kitchens or world championship stages, and here is our favourite recipe for them!
You will need:
– an Aeropress
– an Aeropress scoop, paper and stirrer (provided with an Aeropress)
– a timer (you can use your phone, Google Home or an egg timer if you need)
– a kettle that finished boiling 2 minutes before you brew
– 14g medium-coarse ground coffee
You can also use:
– a set of scales
– a nice carafe to press into
Let’s get brewing!
- Place your paper onto your Aeropress cap. Attach to chamber part of Aeropress
- Fill with hot water to rinse paper and preheat your Aeropress
- Weigh out 14g medium coarse ground. This should be 1 flat scoop on the provided scoop
- Fill up 210g with water. Stir 4 or 5 times
- Attach the plunger part gently so you don’t push out too much liquid (you will lose a small amount)
- Wait for 1 minute.
- At 1 minute, stir 4 or 5 times
- Re attach the plunger attachment and plunge slowly. There’s no rush here
- Stop when you hear a hiss. Pull the plunger up a little to prevent getting dripped on by hot coffee
- Decant and enjoy
This device goes great with our filter roast coffees, but also makes a mighty fine brew for any of our coffees.